• February 16YEARBOOKS ARE NOW $50! They will sell out, so buy your today at Jostensyearbooks.com

An Inside Into San Dieguito Academy

Madelyn Sequeira, Staff

Students from Diegueno have a choice of four schools for high school: SDA, LCC, CCA, and Torrey Pines. SDA has recently become a very popular school, more students from Diegueno have chosen SDA in 2015 and 2016 than any other school. Most people lean towards SDA because of their unique schedule and the amount of  freedom given to students.

SDA is known as the art school, creativity fills the halls and students are free to express themselves. Many students love this part of SDA because it gives them the proper environment to mingle with students that have similar personalities.

SDA also provides a great sports program for all of the athletes that want to participate in high school sports.Their sports teams provide a good level of competition and the opportunity to match and compete against top schools. Because SDA does not have a football team, it gives other sports the opportunity to be the main focus. The other sport teams have the opportunity to get glory instead of having  most people only pay attention to the football team, like in most schools. Girls Varsity Soccer was able to win CIF for the 2016-2017 season, Boys Varsity Water Polo also made it to the finals for CIF in the 2016-2017 season. SDA’s team sports have certainly come a long way.

One main and important factor that separates SDA from some of the other schools in the San Dieguito High School District would be it’s four by four schedule. Students are able to finish one year’s worth of curriculum in one semester. This enables students to take more classes and expand their boundaries during their high school years. SDA is a great high school option for everyone who wants to make the most out of their four years in high school.

An Inside Into San Dieguito Academy