• February 16YEARBOOKS ARE NOW $50! They will sell out, so buy your today at Jostensyearbooks.com

Childhood Stars: Where Are They Now?

Photo Credits: BBC.uk.com, Flickr.com, Wikia.com, Dailymail.uk.co, JustJared.com, Pinterest.com, CelebrityBirthdays.com

Morgan Zuccaro, Editor

Almost everyone born in the 2000’s has grown up with some of the most iconic Disney and Nickelodeon shows. These include but are not limited to Hannah Montana, Good Luck Charlie, and Wizards of Waverly Place. Many childhood memories involve movies such as High School Musical, Lemonade Mouth, and Halloweentown. However, the actors in these shows are much older and are off to greater and better things. The following list includes the most successful and famous celebrities that started off on Disney and Nickelodeon.

Ariana Grande

Previously known as Cat Valentine on Victorious and the spin-off show, Sam and Cat, Ariana is now a widely successful singer and actress. She has released many songs through her hit albums, Dangerous Woman and My Everything. Her song Problem, featuring Iggy Azalea, hit number two on the Billboard Hot 100 list. Ariana has also starred in several episodes of FOX’s Scream Queens and Hairspray Live! on NBC. According to Alphalife.com, she has a net worth of $5 million.

Zac Efron

Now 29 years old, Zac Efron was only 17 when he starred as Troy Bolton in High School Musical. Today, he appears in many movies such as Baywatch and Neighbors. He won a Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actor: Comedy in 2016. Zac has an upcoming movie called The Greatest Showman; his net worth is now $18 million. In 2014, he also made headlines for fighting a homeless man, but no charges were pressed because law enforcement decided it was a mutual participation.

Selena Gomez

One of the most successful celebrities there is today, Selena Gomez has a net worth of $50 million, according to Bankrate.com. She has also come a long way since playing Alex Russo in Wizards of Waverly Place. Selena is known world-wide for being a singer, releasing three number one Billboard hits; Same Old Love, Hands to Myself, and Good For You. Her most recent song, It Ain’t Me, which collaborates with Kygo, is number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 list. She holds the record for the most followers on Instagram, currently having 120 million. Recently, Gomez has debuted in In Dubious Battle and Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising. As of 2017, Selena is also the executive producer of Netflix’s hit show, 13 Reasons Why.

Miley Cyrus

Over the past seven years, when Hannah Montana ended, Miley Cyrus has changed a lot. Now known for her hit song and record-breaking music video, Wrecking Ball, Miley has also has gained a net worth of $200 million. Controversy struck when Miley went through a stage of twerking, drugs, and alcohol. As of 2017, she has been sober from using any alcohol or cannabis. After her run in Hannah Montana, Miley got engaged to Liam Hemsworth; however, they split due to her recent actions. They got back together in 2016, as well as appearing in a few movies such as LOL and being a judge on The Voice, Miley has finally announced a new album that while unnamed, will be “completely different than Bangerz”, her previous album.

Demi Lovato

The final one on our list is also a very accomplished musician, Demi has acquired a net worth of $33 million and has released several hit songs. Her song, Cool For the Summer, reached number 11 on the Billboard’s Hot 100. One of her most recent songs, Body Says, also was 42 on that list as well.  Demi has moved on from acting in movies and television shows such as Princess Protection Program, Sonny With a Chance, and Camp Rock. Instead, she has voiced Smurfette, but beside from that, has not returned to the screen.  Demi also dealt with depression, drug abuse, and alcohol abuse. She checked herself into a rehab facility and on March 15, 2017, she celebrated five years of being sober. (Wikapedia.com)

Childhood Stars: Where Are They Now?