Diegueno Sun

Diegueno Sun

• February 16YEARBOOKS ARE NOW $45! Buy yours today at Jostensyearbooks.com

The Animal Liberation Front

Alaina Burke, Staff

The Animal Liberation Front

Every minute of the day animals are subjected to horrible treatment and cruel labtests. Most people try not to think about it either because, it’s too upsetting or they simply do not care. Nobody’s pain should be ignored. That’s what the ALF, or the Animal Liberation Front is all about. This organization takes animal cruelty into their own hands.

The ALF was founded on an unknown date, most likely around 1976. The group is completely anonymous since their actions are illegal. The goal of the ALF is to end animal abuse. They often work on projects such as releasing animals from torturous animal testing labs.

The ALF promises to not cause harm to humans or animals but, they have been accused of threats towards humans. When one comes to think about it, a threat is well deserved to people who torture and disfigure innocent creatures. The ALF wants to get the word across that animals are not objects that should be subjected to excruciating and inhumane abuse.

Some people even consider this group a terrorist organization. It seems more like an act of justice and kindness and less like terrorism. Terrorism is usually an awful and terrifying act. All they are simply doing is rescuing animals and spreading awareness. Sure, reality may be harsh, but it’s true! Ignoring the suffering of others is no better than doing it yourself. Most people do not read up on the testing that is done on these creatures. They are subjected to chemicals, burns, mutilation, diseases, drowning, removal of limbs, starvation, suffocation, beatings and much more. The fact that anyone could ignore or do this makes the human race a shameful species.

Surprisingly, when asked, most students were uneducated on this matter or did not care. It was absolutely shocking. I decided to question Brooke Dunphy and 8th grader on her thoughts about this matter. She said, “I feel very disgusted about the way these animals are treated. I hope that this issue can be worked out.” I then asked 8th grader Nicole Keffer about her thoughts as well. She responded with, “I find this shocking and terrible. I hope these protesters can put an end to the abuse!” I was glad to hear that at least these students cared about the subject. The treatment of these animals should be found upsetting and revolting. It should not be something that is shrugged off and disregarded. This is what fueled the Animal Liberation Front. They want it to be very well known and recognized by everyone. The Animal Liberation Front stands for Justice, rightful treatment, spreading awareness, and most of all protecting our precious animals.

• The Animal Liberation Front

Features

New Year, New Diegueno

• Features

The Rinsekit

• The Animal Liberation Front

Features

Alliance of Therapy Dogs

• Features

Teacher By Day, Dog Trainer By Night

• The Animal Liberation Front

Features

2017 halloween costume ideas

• The Animal Liberation Front

Features

Boo Who?

• Features

Step It Up? Or Step It Down?

• The Animal Liberation Front

Features

Cooperstown Summer Baseball

• The Animal Liberation Front

Features

Recycling at Diegueno – Is it Really RAD?

• The Animal Liberation Front

Features

New Apple Products

The Animal Liberation Front