Diegueno Sun

Diegueno Sun

• February 16YEARBOOKS ARE NOW $45! Buy yours today at Jostensyearbooks.com

Homework Helps?

Mia Roselinsky, Staff

If you could spend your afternoon doing whatever you wished, what would you do?  Although it may be a hope to have decisions like this it is not a reality for most people.  Many students spend their whole afternoon doing homework.  

If you ask a student to think of the last homework they did that was effective many struggle to think of a situation, so is homework helping students enough to cause such big issues?

“ I feel as if homework for Math and English is helpful because it allows you to practice what you are learning about, but I still get homework from all my classes almost nightly,” Amaris Clough, an 8th grader at Diegueno says.  

Like Amaris said some homework is helpful, but a lot of it isn’t and this leads to negative effects.  A healthy amount of homework is ten minutes a night per grade, students already spend around seven hours at school, so why do they need to go home to tons of work?  This means a senior should only spend two hours doing homework, but is this true?  Students spend too much time doing homework which leads to lack of life balance, family conflict, and lack of curiosity.

A mom of a middle schooler and high schooler says, “ Homework helps students learn organization and responsibility, however most of the time my kids receive too much of it”.

Since many people have many different opinions I believe schools should have rules about homework so kids can have time to do extra-curricular activities.

Photo Credit http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/95e79c5d6e2f277bb687872fed97d6ef

• Homework Helps?

Opinion

Take a Knee

• Opinion

United States Eliminated from 2018 World Cup

• Opinion

Tablets or Textbooks

• Homework Helps?

Opinion

Columbus day or Indigenous Peoples day?

• Homework Helps?

Opinion

The Beauty In Rats

• Homework Helps?

Opinion

Thoughts On Social Media?

• Homework Helps?

Opinion

All About Adidas

• Opinion

TEST

• Features

Teacher By Day, Dog Trainer By Night

• Videos

Las Vegas Shooting

Homework Helps?